Monday, September 14, 2009

Random Thoughts

The sad thing about the amount of time it has taken me to start recording this story is I will probably forget a lot of the really funny stuff!

When I originally came out for the job interview the CTO and CFO took myself and a bunch of distributors out for lunch. This town isn't that big, and the office is on the same street as the restaurant, yet somehow they managed to get lost. I was riding with the CFO, and the CTO called on his cell phone to find out where we were. I only heard one half of the conversation, but it went like this:
I'm on the highway... I'm not sure which direction I'm going... I must be going the right way because I'm headed toward the mountains.

But we were at the end of the valley. It is essentially surrounded by mountains.

This was 2/3 of the most effective management team ever assembled. The other third didn't show up. Of course he doesn't show up most days... He's only the CEO. Nobody important. Go about your business. And can't you just do it faster? Why can't I trust your delivery dates?

Shouldn't the CEO come to work and pay attention to what's happening there?

No comments:

Post a Comment